Assistant Surveyor - Development Consultancy, E17
Due to the continued expansion of our markets, we have an excellent opportunity for a graduate surveyor to join our expanding Development Consultancy Team.
The Development Consultancy Team specialises in advising both private developers, housing associations and local authorities on a wide range of issues.
- Advising existing land/ property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
- Working with external advisors as part of larger development teams including planning consultants, architects and viability consultants to advise on redevelopments and regeneration opportunities
- Advising housing associations on acquisitions and disposals
- Valuation of mixed and residential-led new-build developments for both private and affordable tenure housing, as well as commercial space
- Reporting to clients in the form of Red Book compliant valuation reports
- Working with the Valuation Advisory team and other departments in the firm, as and when required
The successful candidates will have the following:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in the form of working on valuation reports
- Detailed analytical skills, basic numeracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to carry out research, work independently and present this information clearly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of working with Argus Developer and development appraisals is preferable
The role will be client facing, working with anyone from individual developers, development companies, housing associations and local authorities. They will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team.
Our Development Consultancy Team is in two separate offices - the North & East London office in Walthamstow and the City & City Fringe office in the City of London. This role will be expected to work as part of our integrated teams.
In exchange for knowledge, drive and determination we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For Assistant Surveyor applicants, we offer a formal training programme to enable them to complete the APC and become a Chartered Surveyor. Successful candidates will be expected to attend all relevant APC sessions.
To learn more about the role, or if you're ready to apply, send your CV to Ray Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.