Chartered Surveyor & Registered Valuer - Development Consultancy Team EC2A
Due to the continued expansion of our markets, we have an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified surveyor who is also ideally a Registered Valuer to join our expanding Development Consultancy Team.
Our Development Consultancy Team is based in two separate offices - City & City Fringe Office in the City of London and the North & East London Office in Walthamstow. This role will be based in the City & City Fringe Office, and there is a requirement to work as part of the integrated team.
The Development Consultancy Team is under the management of Gary Powis (Director), with his team working on projects throughout Greater London and the Home Counties, with a particular focus on north-east London. The team specialises in advising private developers, housing associations and local authorities on a wide range of issues, including regeneration. A working knowledge of regeneration and compulsory purchase matters would be of benefit.
There will also be a requirement to work in the Valuation Advisory Team when required. This will involve the valuation of a wide variety of residential and commercial properties for a full range of purposes, including loan funding.
- Development Consultancy – Valuation of new homes to be built or recently constructed
- Advising existing land/property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
- Working with external advisors as part of larger development teams including planning consultants, architects and viability consultants to advise on redevelopments and regeneration opportunities
- Advising housing associations on acquisitions and disposals
- Valuation of mixed and residential-led new-build developments for both private and affordable tenure housing, as well as commercial space
- Reporting to clients in the form of Red Book compliant valuation reports
- Working with the Valuation Advisory Team and other departments in the firm, as and when required. This will involve advising on a full range of matters on commercial and residential property
- Understanding of town planning and development
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in the form of working on valuation reports
- Detailed analytical skills, basic numeracy and good attention to detail
- Ability to carry out research, work independently and present this information clearly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience of working with Argus Developer and development appraisals is required ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients Ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Full UK Driving Licence
The role will be client facing, working with anyone from private developers, development companies, housing associations and local authorities. They will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team.
In exchange for knowledge, drive and determination we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To learn more about the role, or if you're ready to apply, send your CV to Ray Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.