We provide our clients with thorough, expert advice on all areas of leasehold enfranchisement and can act on their behalf in a number of specialised areas. With our industry-leading team, we provide value to our clients by delivering personalised solutions. Our team is experienced throughout East, North and South London, the City, West End and Home Counties.
We advise on the following leasehold services:
- Advice to leaseholders of flats on their ability to extend their residential lease, or collectively acquire the freehold interest in their building
- Advice to leaseholders of houses on their ability to extend their residential lease, or buy their freehold
- Advice to freeholders on applications from leaseholders to extend their leases and enfranchise on flats and houses
- Valuation of the leasehold and freehold interests
- Liaising with solicitors in respect of the service of notices and counter-notices
- In the event of dispute, preparation of evidence and attendance at the First Tier Tribunal and above on behalf of both freeholders and leaseholders
- Proactive asset management advice to freeholders and freehold companies to maximise their ground rent investments
- Absent landlord valuation advice and expert reports
Our expertise is in:
- Complex cases
- The valuation on the statutory basis
- Negotiating settlements
- The extent of the holding to be included
- Management implications of the legislation and tactics to be employed in pursuit or defence of the claim
Strettons is listed on the LEASE website - a government sponsored leasehold advisory service - as a firm of valuers who regularly deal with leasehold enfranchisement work. We can act as advocates at the First Tier Tribunal where it is not cost effective to employ legal representation, as well as giving expert evidence.
The department is lead by Geneviève Mariner, a Valuer Member of the Board of LEASE.
We also work with a network of recommended solicitors including:
To learn more about how we can work with you, please contact a member of our team.