As a company, we are very much in mind of our social responsibilities, and we encourage and support our staff to become involved in voluntary activities alongside and outside of Strettons.
Throughout the year, we undertake a large amount of Charities Act valuation work for a wide variety of charity clients across the religious and political spectrum. We sit on a variety of local voluntary bodies aimed at regeneration and have staff on the board of a Housing Association, and our staff are encouraged to interact with local schools through reading assistance programmes.
Apart from this, we regularly take part in:
- Adopting a charity and holding fundraising events with our staff
- Sponsoring a programme that encourages East London's community to get into sports training
- Sitting on a variety of local voluntary bodies aimed at regeneration and have staff on the board of a Housing Association and a credit union
- Encouraging staff to interact with local schools
- Forming a rota to staff a local lunch club for the elderly
- Volunteering as surveyors for the CAB and the Chartered Surveyors Voluntary Scheme
- Encouraging staff to keep fit by running our Cycle to Work scheme, steps competitions and yoga classes
We are also proud to be involved in the following charities on an ongoing basis:
Empowering young adults with learning disabilities to lead an independent life. Strettons was named their 2016 Employer of the Year and we enjoy working closely with them.
Our company has trained to become Dementia Friends, guiding our staff to communicate better with those who are diagnosed.
If you have a project that Strettons could partner with or help with, please get in touch.
Central House Exhibition
Update: 6th September 2018